Monday, September 16, 2013

Why I Started This Blog

While I was sitting in the hospital room today I started thinking about my blog.  Why I started it, what I wanted it to be, what I expected out of it, and how much personal information I was willing to share.  In the everyday world I am a very private person, meaning I rarely disclose close personal information to anyone.  Dare I say I have trust issues? 

I originally started this blog because I love to write.  I used to watch Sex in the City and think Carrie had the coolest job.  I didn't really get the extreme fashion, but I loved that she wrote a column.  I have started writing several books.  The problem is eventually life gets in the way and I stop writing.  I think having this blog and making myself write every day will help me to make time for myself. 

I wanted my blog to be about....well everything really.  I wanted to write about whatever struck my fancy that day.  I might write about makeup or just how my day was.  The topics are endless.

I got really interested in makeup in my mid twenties.  Before that I was an all natural kinda gal with maybe some eyeliner and sometimes some eyeshadow.  I had a hard time finding makeup that didn't feel like a mask or make me break out so I gave up makeup.  Around my mid twenties is when I was introduced to Bare Minerals and that changed everything.  Ever since I've been playing around with it, but I am no Guru by any means.  I like to keep things simple.  With makeup less is more.  I don't think you have to cover or mask your flaws.  Our flaws make us unique and our uniqueness make us beautiful.  Hence the name of the blog Simply Beautiful.

Now what did I expect out of my blog?  I don't think I have any expectations for my blog.  If I can give some tips or advice about makeup or a product and help someone out then that's great.  If anyone gains any knowledge about anything from my blog, fabulous.  I suppose just me writing a post every day is expectation enough.

How much personal information am I willing to share?  Hmmmm.....I don't know.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment