Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five For Friday!

I have been following Lauren Elizabeth's blog From My Grey Desk and she does a High Five for Friday so I wanted to link up with her and start doing this as well.  It will be nice to reflect on the past week and think about the highlights of the week and the things I'm grateful for!

1.  My mother's surgery on Tuesday went well.  She is going through a tough time right now because the doctor's think she had a small stroke on Wednesday night.  So far all of her test results have been good and they have started her on a clear liquid diet.  I believe her confusion is from the medicine they have her on.  All doctors really do is guess anyway so hopefully they are wrong about her having a stroke.  Only God knows for sure and I have been praying for her and her recovery.  I'm so very grateful that she is ok.  (This is a highlight and lowlight)

2.  I took Cody (my son) to get a fauxhawk haircut.  They had rock star day at school and he wanted to dress up.  Nothing screams rock star like a fauxhawk and eyeliner!  I think he looked like the lead singer of Papa Roach.

3.  Two of my aunts came to see mom in the hospital so I got to spend some time with them.  I don't usually get to see them very often so it was nice to chat with them.

4.  Melanie, my sister from another mother, is coming to visit tonight.  I know it hasn't happened yet but I'm still counting it as a highlight.  Any time I get to spend with her is great and we always have a great time no matter what we do.

5.  I got a Snickerdoodle coffee from Einstein Bros Bagels and it was delicious!  I have to grab another one today it was THAT good.


*Linking up with Lauren for H54F

No comments:

Post a Comment