Saturday, September 21, 2013

How I Did My Eyeshadow

I know I have been going on and on about the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay but I just can't help it.  I love love love this palette so much!  You have so many options with the colors it is just amazing.  In my High Five for Friday post yesterday I said how I've been trying to do new color combos each day last week....well here is a pic.

 photo eyeshadow1_zpsdda21405.jpg

Here is how I did my eyeshadow:

First I started off with elf eye primer.  I would have to say I'm not a fan.  I found at the end of the day my eyeshadow still creased and it didn't seem to hold on to the color for the whole day.  I have oily skin so this primer might be awesome for someone who has normal skin.  I will try to do a blog post about this eye primer with some pictures.  Anywho back to the shadow.

Next I applied Half Baked to my eyelid with a shadow brush.  I never use the little foam applicators.  I feel like I get a better result if I use a brush. 

With a clean brush I took Snakebite and applied it just to the corners of my eyes.  I then pulled that color in to about 1/3rd of my eyelid.  I also took a small amount and went up into the crease just to define that area. 

I then took Half Baked and applied a little more to the inner part of my eyelid just to brighten it up a little more and I also applied some to my lower lash line.  I feel like doing that just ties the whole thing together.

I forgot to mention that the Naked 2 palette comes with 2 awesome brushes.  The flat one is perfect for placing eyeshadow and I also use it to line my lower lashes.  The fluffy brush is great for blending eyeshadow.  So once I complete my eyeshadow I take that brush and blend it all together and buff out any harsh lines.

And that's it.  Oh, and all the colors I used are in the Naked 2 palette.  I hope you enjoyed my little how I did that.  Hmm that would be a neat thing to do on my blog.  I could have a series called "How I Did That".  Let me know what you guys think.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment