Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Surgery, Haircut, Nail Polish...Oh My!

Today has been a bit crazy/stressful.  My mom had surgery today so we had to be up bright and early at 5am for that.  She is doing fine but it's going to take her a while to recover.  Then after picking up my son from school I took him to get a haircut.  He got a fauxhawk.  It looks awesome on him!  Let me try to explain this haircut.  I can spike his hair up into a mohawk and he still has hair on the sides so it isn't a true mohawk but if he doesn't want his hair spiked up I can just comb it down and it looks like a regular haircut. 

Tomorrow the kids are dressing up like rock stars at school so that will work out perfectly.  Now we just have to plan his rock star outfit.  He is wanting me to put some eyeliner on him and I'm hoping that this is the only time he ever asks me to do that! 

It is only Tuesday and I'm already ready for Friday to get here.  I have had enough of this week.  I didn't go to work today since my mom had surgery so I know there will be a ton of stuff for me to catch up on tomorrow.  Why can't I just win the lottery already? 

On another note I posted about some nail polish Urban Decay came out with for fall a few days ago....well I broke down and bought one.  It was really pretty and I couldn't find a shade similar to it so I figured I would treat myself.  I picked up the shade Addiction.



(image from google so it doesn't really do the color justice)

The color is smoky greenish/grayish metallic.  Anywho it's really pretty.  I painted my toes and my fingers over the weekend and so far no chips.  I like this polish better than my China Glaze and OPI polishes.  The trick to getting your polish to last longer is a good top coat (I use Seche Vite) and you have to paint the ends of your nails.  I have short nails so I end up painting the tips of my fingers and then I use a Q-tip with acetone to remove the polish from my skin. 

Since I'm in love with Urban Decay's nail polish I'm thinking about giving their eye shadows and maybe lipstick a try.  I usually just wear a gloss or a nude lipstick.  I'd love to be brave enough to wear a bold red lipstick....oh well maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment