Sunday, September 29, 2013

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Review



I went by Sephora yesterday because I wanted to pick up a new blush by Benefit but they were completely sold out of the one I wanted.  Boo!  Since I was there anyway I decided to shop around a bit.  I wandered over to the Nars section and almost picked up the blush called Super Orgasm.  It is a pink shimmery sorta blush.  It's beautiful and I almost bought it.  I swatched it against the Rockateur by Benefit and I really liked the one by Benefit better so I decided to wait.  And I'm glad I did.

I always stop by the rack that has samples.  They had a sample size blush called Coralista by Benefit and it came with a small sample sized highlighter called Sun Beam for around $12.  I swatched Coralista and it was really pretty.  It wasn't orangey like I thought it was going to be.  They also had a sample sized Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion for around $10. 

I was pretty proud of myself.  I picked up a highlighter, blush, and eye primer for less than the price of the Nars blush I almost bought.  Granted these aren't full sized products but they aren't tiny little samples either.  I really love picking stuff up at the sample rack because the samples aren't expensive and you get enough product to really decide if it's worth buying the full sized or not. 

Now I will stop rambling and get on to the review.

I did a review on the eye primer by elf not long ago and let me just say there really is no comparison.  UD blew elf out of the water.  The UD eye primer potion is creamy and glides on very easily.  You don't have to use very much either which is nice.  I noticed that my eyeshadow looked great all day and didn't budge at all.

So I decided to sleep in it.  I don't suggest you sleep in your makeup because it is not good for your skin especially if you are prone to break outs like I am.  I just had to see if it had the staying power to last all night and it did.  I woke up this morning and my eyeshadow looked perfect.  There was no creasing at all and the color hadn't melted away or moved at all.  I was sold.  If this magic potion can make my eyeshadow stay perfectly on my oily lids all day and all night then I'm a fan.  Once I run out of my sample sized tube I will be buying the full sized one from now on.

Next I might have to try their face primer.  I hope it works as well as their eye primer.  I can honestly say I have never been disappointed by any Urban Decay products I have bought. 

I will try to review the other products I bought soon so stay tuned. 

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer! I find there is almost no point in putting on eyeshadow without it. I also use Benefit's Sun Beam highlighter and you will love that as well! Sephora (and especially the trial size products near the register) is my dangerous place.. goodbye money!

    ReplyDelete