Monday, September 23, 2013

elf eye primer review

In my previous blog post I said I was going to review the elf eye primer and try to take a picture to show how my eyeshadow held up.  Well here it is.

Here is the first picture.  I had just completed my makeup around 10am (ish).

 photo a86fd8c2-4a2a-418a-9f41-026e4a014a77_zps20928951.jpg

Here is what my eyeshadow looked like about 10 hours later.
 photo EODeyeshadow_zps8e0a3ef8.jpg

The first picture was taken with natural light and the later picture was taken with artificial light.  Now granted the lighting is not as good as the first picture but you can still tell a difference in the eyeshadow.  It creased and the color is not nearly as vibrant.  I tried and tried to get a better picture but this was the best I could get.

Would I buy this eye primer again?  Nope.  It was only $3 but I would have rather paid a bit more and gotten a product that really works.  I have oily skin so maybe for someone who doesn't have oily skin it might be perfect.  I really wanted to avoid spending more than $10 bucks on some eye primer but I guess you get what you pay for.

I've never had luck when it comes to drug store makeup.  It either melts off my face by the end of the day or irritates my skin.  For me it's worth it to pay a little extra for the higher end products if it means that they last and perform like they are supposed to and don't cause me to break out. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment