Thursday, October 3, 2013

LORAC Red Hot Lip Gloss Review

I finally got my LORAC lip gloss set from HSN a couple of days ago.  As soon as I got it I tried on every color.  I was like a kid at Christmas.  I've had a couple of days to test them out and let you all know my opinion. 

I took a picture of the set out of the box.
Please excuse the quality of the pictures; I took them with my iPhone and it didn't translate well to the PC

 photo LORAC_zps1829c297.jpg

I don't use Microsoft Paint very much so I'm still learning how to label things in pictures so I will just have to tell you the names and colors below.
From left to right:
Rock 'N Roll (pink nude)
You Rock (plum)
Rock On (rose)
Rock Anthem (berry)
Easy Rock (fuchsia)
Rock It (coral)

Now here are the swatches in that same order:

 photo LORACswatches_zps1dda3d1d.jpg

I'm happy with all the colors and I think for $27 I got a good deal.  Rock Anthem (berry) and Easy Rock (fuchsia) look very similar.  When you put them on the Easy Rock has a slight pinker tone.  Those happen to be the only 2 colors in the set that do not have shimmer, however they are still glossy when you put them on.

My favorite shades are Rock 'N Roll, Rock On, and Rock It.  The pink nude is the perfect nude with glossy shimmer.....is that even possible?  You would just have to see it for yourself.  My pictures don't really do the colors justice.

The little applicator brush makes it very easy to get precise when putting the gloss on.  They go on smooth and stay on for quite a while.  If you eat or drink you will have to reapply more often.  They feel good on and my lips feel hydrated while wearing them.

These glosses aren't sticky when you put your lips together but your hair will get caught in the lips gloss if the wind should blow or if you ride with your windows down in the car.  I personally hate when my hair gets stuck to my lips but that is the only negative thing I have to say about them.

Oh, and did I mention they all smell like cotton candy?  That's a nice little bonus.  I like the packaging too.  I love the red top with the tiny fake diamonds. 

One other very important thing.  Inside the tube there is a little stopper looking thingy with a hole in the center where the brush goes down into the product.  That nifty little stopper thingy (very technical term) keeps the gloss from gushing out every time you put the applicator back in the tube or take it out.  So far it works great and even I have not been able to make a mess.

Overall I think I got a great deal and I am very happy with the products.  I wish they would have included a red gloss instead of 2 that pretty much look the same.  Call me crazy but with a name like "Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection" one would think they would have included a red gloss.  I'm still glad that I bought this set and now I'm going to have to try more LORAC products.

Until next time!


*I was not compensated in any way for this post.  This is just my honest opinion of the products I bought

No comments:

Post a Comment