Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kiss My Lashes

I've always had long thick lashes and when I was younger I hated them.  When I first started wearing makeup I hated wearing mascara.  If I used mascara my lashes were super long and resembled the lashes of a fake doll.  I would normally just use some eyeliner and be good to go.

I have since seen the error in my ways.  I now love my long lashes and I love wearing mascara.  Isn't it funny how things change as we get older?  I see myself in a completely different way and the things I used to hate about myself I now love. 

Now the issue I have is mascara tends to clump up or clump my lashes together.  Some mascaras will make my lashes look spidery and unnatural.

I'm about to share a secret with you and you will never put on mascara the same way again.

Take your eyebrow comb and run your mascara wand over the edge of the comb and then comb through your lashes.  This is the best way to apply your mascara.  The comb separates your lashes so no clumps and no lashes sticking together.  Since you are putting a small amount of mascara on the comb you aren't coating your lashes with a ton of mascara that will only weigh them down.  Just be careful not to poke your eyes.

I'm afraid of eyelash curlers.  I wear contacts so I have no problem with touching my eyes.....it's just something about having a piece of metal that looks like a torture device from a horror film near my eyes that gets me.  The brilliant thing about putting on my mascara with the eyebrow comb is that when I comb them upward they stay curled.

Here is a picture I took after I used the eyebrow comb to put on my mascara.  I apologize for the quality, etc of the picture.

 photo eyelashes1_zps0b4e6315.jpg
I cannot take credit for this wonderful idea.  I got this tip from a makeup artist I follow on Youtube:

GossMakeupArtist

This guy is AMAZING!  He is brilliant with makeup and fun to watch.  I highly suggest you check him out. 

I hope you try this little tip and let me know how it works out for you.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrified of eyelash curlers too! Have you tried Benefit's They're Real? Best mascara out there. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete