Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Eyeshadow Look

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We had family time and I did not go shopping on Friday.  I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet so I need to get on it.

So this weekend I played around with my eyeshadow again.  Umm and please ignore my eyebrows. lol

 photo eyes1_zpsb3ef4b0c.jpg
        picture taken with Cannon camera


 photo blue2_zps9242e1ee.jpg
    picture taken with iPhone

Needless to say the camera wins.

I'll share with you how I did this eyeshadow.

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows.  They are so pigmented and they really do wear for a long time without an eye primer.  I have really oily skin and eyelids so I have a huge problem with my eye shadow creasing. 

I took Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and applied it to the inner half of my lid.  I then took Maybelline Color Tattoo Metals in Electric Blue and filled in the outer half of my eyelid.

The next step is very important.  I took the Bad to the Bronze and lightly blended the line between the 2 shadows.  This will make the two colors fade into each other and appear seamless.  This is very important to do any time you are mixing shades.

I used the color Chopper from the Naked 2 palette and blended the bronze inner side out so it wouldn't be a harsh line.  I also took Chopper and lined the first half of my lower lash line.  Next I took Busted also from the Naked 2 palette and blended the outer blue half of my eyelid and lined the lower outer half of my lower lashes.

I used Blackout from the Naked 2 palette to line my upper lashes.  For mascara I used L'Oreal Voluminous Definition mascara. 

 photo blue3_zpsca101545.jpg


I love this eyeshadow look.  It looks very cool in person and it's not too much so I think it will be easily wearable. 

You can use this concept with almost any color eye shadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment