Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Candles

A friend gave me a coupon to Bath and Body Works.  I used to love their lotions and body washes but for the past year or so I can't seem to find one I really like.  Anyway, I decided to run in to Bath and Body Works this weekend to see if I found anything that struck my fancy.

Well I did.

The candles.

They also had a buy any 3 and get another 3 for free deal going on.  I figured I could not only get some Christmas presents but also get a candle (or 2) for myself.  I deserve a little treat don't I?

I wanted to share my most favorite candles with you.
'Tis the Season 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works

I love this candle.  If I took Christmas and put it in a candle this would be exactly how it smells.  It smells like apple cider, cinnamon, and pine.  When I get a whiff of this candle I just want to sing Christmas carols.  Not really but you get the idea.
Vanilla Snowflake 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works

This one is delicious.  I love candles that smell like food.  This one smells like vanilla with a hint of coconut.  I'm really glad the coconut scent doesn't overpower the vanilla it just kinda adds another dimension to it.
Red Velvet Cupcake 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
This candle smells amazing!  It smells like a red velvet cake.  I confess I have already claimed and burned some of this candle.  My fiancé loves red velvet cake as do I so this was a no brainer.  I don't think I've ever seen a red velvet cake candle before.
Merry Cookie 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
Merry Cookie smells like a sugar cookie made with the really good vanilla.  Every time I smell this candle I want a fresh from the oven homemade sugar cookie with the tiny silver balls made from sugar.  It's too bad you can't eat these candles.
Marshmallow Fireside 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
Marshmallow Fireside is currently burning right now and is my hands down favorite candle from BBW.  I normally love foodie candles if you couldn't tell from my list but this one I wouldn't classify as a foodie type candle.  It does have a sweet marshmallow scent but it also has the scent of burning wood.  While you might not think that burning wood smells good it does in this candle.  I think $20 is a lot to spend on a candle but I will definitely be buying another one of these.

While I love candles I don't normally splurge on buying the really nice expensive ones.  I love burning scented oil.  It has wonderful scent payoff and it's not very expensive.  Every so often I will treat myself and get a nice candle.  I love candlelight and where these candles have 3 wicks they give off a nice glow.  I also love the scent payoff on these.  They will make the whole room smell nice and cozy.  Another nice thing is they burn evenly.  I absolutely hate when a candle does not burn evenly.  You miss out on a lot of product unless you want to melt the wax and repour it.

I used to buy the Keeper of the Light candles.  I think they still sell them in some stores but mostly are available online.  There was a tiny shop in a town close by that I used to visit and purchase those candles but they closed down.  Now those candles blow BBW out of the water.  The scent payoff is amazing.  Those candles will smell up your whole house.  My favorite is Maple Syrup Pancakes.  It smells exactly like maple syrup pancakes. 

All in all I'm very impressed with BBW candles.  I will for sure be getting a few more holiday candles before the season ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment