Saturday, October 11, 2014

Ode to Summer

Fall is officially here.  At least in my neck of the woods it is.  The weather has turned cooler and the once green leaves on the trees outside my window are turning gorgeous shades of red and gold.  Alas, I have traded in my blue jean shorts, tank tops, and flip flops for long sleeved shirts, jeggings, and knee high riding boots. 

As much as I love wearing cozy sweaters and boots I'm sad to see summer end.  I always get a nostalgic feeling.  It takes me back to my childhood and for a moment I'm 10 again.  When summer ends its like turning off a light switch, all of a sudden there is a difference in the air....there is a slight chill in the air there wasn't there before. 

The things I will miss most are the warm starry nights when the full moon shown it's light all the way from space to create a spotlight on the water in the lake.  I will miss the tiny fireflies dancing in the honeysuckle scented breeze and the cicada's singing their nightly song like a bedtime lullaby.

Summer is a magical time.  Everything is alive and colorful and simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment